"In daily life we must see it is not happiness that makes us grateful, it is gratefulness that makes us happy."
Unknown from Holly Springs by Jan Karon
Five Blessings Pondered at 20,000 Feet
36. Hearing a fellow flyer share Life with the passenger next to him.
37. "47.0 pounds"--my baggage came in at just under the 50 pound limit after I removed the books & some shoes at home before I left. Saved myself $25. (It weighted 48.5 on the way home.)
38. After having my Chicago-Houston flight canceled because of weather, American was able to get me onto Delta and I wound up arriving 6 minutes earlier than the original plan.
39. The reserve soldier sitting next to me on his way to Iraq--leaving his four-month-old daughter for me, for you, for us all, out of duty to his country. God please protect this new dad and bring him home safe.
40. Hearing my granddaughter say, "Sit by me, Grammy."