Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hooray, It's Autumn & Hooray for AIR!

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
George Eliot


My sentiments exactly. And on the very first day of this incredible season I find myself thanking God for something I don't think I've ever thanked Him for before--AIR.

That's right just plain old air, that invisible stuff that surrounds us each moment, that makes life possible, that most of us never, ever think about.

Thank You Lord for air--

~for the life it gives us

~for sweet breezes blowing on arms in the mornings and across faces in the cool dark of night.

~for carrying wonderful fragrances to us stirring memories and longings in hearts and minds

~for lifting kites, balloons, birds, airplanes and our spirits soaring as we see them fly.

~for fluttering flags and rustling leaves and rasping cornstalks.



Thank you Lord for air.

1 Chronicles 16:34 (New King James Version)
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

P.S. Just found a really pertinent Facebook page if you'd like to check it out
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thank-You-Lord-for-this-air-I-breathe-/119753944703018?v=wall

How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment