Friday, November 18, 2011

Five+ Blessing from Isaiah

I don't know about you, but I like my coffee with a little Bible study stirred in. I just love how relevant and immediate God's word can be in our lives each day if we only take the time to read it. It's there we only have to look for it.

This January I started reading through the Bible, although I'll NEVER make it through in only one year. There's just too much good stuff I have to slow down and ponder. Currently I'm reading Isaiah and I've been so blessed by this prophet's words that I just "gottatell somebody," (nod to Twila here.)

It is my hope and my prayer that these thoughts bless you today.

By the way, verses may be somewhat paraphrased in the GPS* version.


1. Isa 25:1 LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

2. Isa 26:3-4 He will keep in perfect peace ALL those who trust in him--whose thought turn often to the Lord. Trust in the Lord God always for the Lord Jehovah is your everlasting strength. (TLB)

3. Isa 26:13: Those who belong to God (insert YOUR name here) will live again--their bodies shall rise...for God's Light of Life will fall like dew on them.

4. Isa. 28:29 The Lord almighty is a wonderful teacher and He gives...wisdom.

5. 29:16 Yet the Lord still waits for you to come to Him so He can show you His love.
He will conquer you to bless you, just as He said. For the Lord is faithful to His promises. Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them.

And here is the "plus" a wonderful bit of Psalm 68:19 for dessert:
What a glorious Lord! He daily bears our burdens and also gives us salvation.

Can I get an "Amen?"


*Gail Poag Smith=GPS version

No comments:

Post a Comment